You are receiving this notice because you have submitted, or will submit, information related to your interest in employment with Discover Financial Services or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates (“Discover”). In submitting your information to Discover, we will collect and process the following categories of Personal Information from you in connection with your interest in employment with Discover and Discover’s recruitment efforts:
- Personal identifiers, such as name and email address;
- Personal information, as defined in the California safeguards law, such as contact information;
- Professional or employment-related information, such work authorization/eligibility, details of your qualifications, experience and employment history, including without limitation employer identity, job title and other related information; and
- Education information, such as school, university, degree being pursued, and date of graduation.
We may use the Personal Information we collect and process to operate, manage, and maintain our business, for recruitment, employment, and workforce management purposes, and to accomplish our business purposes and objectives. For example, we use Personal Information we collect and process to:
- Verify eligibility for recruitment and future employment purposes; and
- Conduct other internal functions, such as investigations, comply with legal obligations, maintain business records, and exercise and defend legal claims and rights.
For notice under the California Consumer Privacy Act, please visit www.discover.com/privacy-statement and review the section for California Residents.